Performs Purchasing functions for the Procurement Division using established purchasing policies and procedures, Purchasing Best Practices, provides analysis related to purchasing trends, vendor selection and negotiations and frequently assists the Purchasing Coordinator as needed.
|Reports to :|
- Purchasing Section Head
- Department Manager
- Provides support to the Section Head/s in the procurement of supplies and services and special needs.
- Assist and resolve workflow issues.
- Communicate with warehouse and internal customers to resolve problems and/or provide information.
- Assist in the development and implementation plans for more efficient team processes.
- Produce various reports and documentation and other reports, charts, graphs, tables, business plans, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Primary responsibility is procurement of supplies with emphasis on services at the lowest cost, in the most efficient manner possible.
- Coordinate supplier involvement in product development efforts.
- Assist in qualifying new suppliers.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality including on-time deliveries.
- Work with warehouse/finance to resolve potential invoice/PO variances.
- Documents train fulfillment (starting from PR completing to suppliers satisfactory on time payment )
- Execute any other activities assigned to him.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely
- Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Computer Applications Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Keen ability to assess situations, performs root cause analysis, and provides solutions.
- Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle a variety of telephone calls and assist customers/vendors as needed.
- Able to handle stressful situations on a daily basis
- Good personal organizational skills
- Competent computer keyboard skills
- Basic computer skills, working knowledge of Windows operating system, MS Excel, MS Word, email, internet browsers and general computer skills are required
- Able to be flexible as needed with workload
- Ability to work in highly motivated, fast paced team environment
- Knowledge of vendor set up
- Knowledge of Purchasing Best Practices/ policies/ procedures
Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Management: The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.