A brief description of the job and how it contributes to the purpose of the function. One to three sentences. System setup, integration, enhancement, monitoring and troubleshooting Accounts Payable functionality. Guides invoice processing, supplier maintenance and payment processing team. Collaborates with inter-department to process improvements of all AP team members. Ensures AP monthly accrual process effectively such as account review, analysis and reporting.
• Ensures implementation of internal controls and accounting policies & procedures for processing the payments
• Manages invoice mailbox daily and handles internal and external communications and ensures that the team is handling their mailbox in a professional way.
• Ensures vendor queries with regards to statements and invoices payments are answered promptly and smoothly.
• Ensures 3-ways matching and accurate recording of accounting entries before making the payment
• Processes payments timely and accurately as per authority matrix • Reviews and submits VAT/WHT returns timely and accurately.
• Reviews and posts an accurate system entry to record payments, related VAT/WHT and related OPEX/CAPEX, inventory etc.,
• Ensures periodical balances confirmations are obtained from major suppliers, reviews the reconciliations and take appropriate actions immediately to adjust the reconciling items.
• Reviews accounts payable aging report weekly and take immediate actions for overdue accounts
• Reviews vendor advances report and ensures timely subsequent settlement of it with proper recording of accounting entries (OPEX/CAPEX, inventory etc.,)
• Reviews weekly output report to ensure payments related KPIs are met and identify weak links within the team
• Ensures timely and accurate completion of month end closing tasks, follows-up with the team and assists them in closing and raises red flags for any irregularities
• Guides, coaches team members and transfers knowledge to them • Ensures timely implementation of audit recommendations
• Assists/Leads in testing of system upgrades and automation projects
• Assists/Leads in periodic audits.
• Leads/Handles other ad hoc tasks within finance when required
Bachelor Degree in Finance and/or Business Management
Experience: 5-8 years’ experience in Finance & Financial Planning
Specific Designations, Certifications, Licenses:
Certified Financial Management Certified Management Accountant